Nepal Bureau of Standards & Metrology (NBSM) is the National Standard Body in Nepal. It is a Government organization under the Ministry of Industry. It is also the national enquiry point / nodal point for WTO (TBTs & NTMs) and focal point for National Authority on Disarmament Affairs (NADA).
- To provide efficient and timely service.
- To satisfy the customer's need for quality goods and services.
- To raise awareness in the field of standardization & metrology.
- Harmonious development of standardization, marking and quality certification.
- Harmonious development of scientific and legal metrology.
- To facilitate development of production and exports.
The main activities of NBSM are to:
- formulate national standards;
- operate the product certification mark;
- provide testing facilities and technical services in the fields of SMQC;
- work as the third party guaranteeing agency;
- provide service for lot certification and pre-shipment inspection, as well as laboratory recognition and
- launching of consumer awareness programmes on quality.
- Provide laboratory services for testing of various commodities.
- Involve in environment protection.
Additional activities include legal metrology and calibration services for weighing and measuring devices. Initiation on industrial and scientific metrology is in progress.
Nepal Bureau of Standards and Metrology (NBSM)
P.O. Box 985
Tel: +977 01 4350445 / +977 01 4350818
Fax: +977 01 4350689