ISO 9170-1:2008 applies to:
- terminal units intended for use in medical gas pipeline systems in accordance with ISO 7396-1, for use with the following medical gases:
- nitrous oxide;
- medical air;
- carbon dioxide;
- oxygen/nitrous oxide mixture [50 %/50 % (by volume)];
- terminal units intended for use in medical gas pipeline systems in accordance with ISO 7396-1, for use with the following gases and services:
- oxygen-enriched air;
- air for driving surgical tools;
- nitrogen for driving surgical tools;
It is intended especially to ensure the gas-specific assembly of terminal units and to prevent their interchange between different gases and services.
ISO 9170-1:2008 specifies requirements for terminal units for supply and disposal of nitrogen or air for driving surgical tools and requirements for probes intended to be connected to the gas-specific connection point which is part of the terminal unit.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2008-07
Edition: 2Number of pages: 20
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 121/SC 6 Medical gas supply systems
- ICS :
- 11.040.10 Anaesthetic, respiratory and reanimation equipment
ISO 9170-1:2008Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.