This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 8969:2011 specifies test methods for determining the strength and stiffness of joints made with punched metal plate fasteners in load-bearing timber structures, as follows:
- load-slip characteristics and maximum load resulting from the lateral resistance of the embedded projections, at various angles between the direction of the applied force and
- the axis of the plate (load-plate angle, α),
- the direction of the grain of the timber (load-grain angle, θ);
- the tensile strength of the plate at various angles, α;
- the compression strength of the plate at various angles, α (optional test);
- the shear strength of the plate at various angles, α.
ISO 8969:2011 is linked to ISO 6891, which gives general test requirements.
In addition, a method for testing the nail root in alternate bending is specified in Annex A.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2011-11
Edition: 2Number of pages: 21
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 165 Timber structures
- ICS :
- 91.080.20 Timber structures
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.