This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2017. Therefore this version remains current.
The previous edition of the standard exceptionally remains valid until 2033
- specifies a record format for storing, recording, and transmitting information from one or more facial images or a short video stream of facial images,
- specifies scene constraints of the facial images,
- specifies photographic properties of the facial images,
- specifies digital image attributes of the facial images, and
- provides best practices for the photography of faces.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2011-11
Edition: 2Number of pages: 111
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 Biometrics
- ICS :
- 35.240.15 Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
|std 2 208||Paper|
ISO/IEC 19794-5:2005/Amd 1:2007Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 19794-5:2005/Cor 1:2008Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 19794-5:2005/Amd 2:2009Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 19794-5:2005/Cor 2:2008
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.60 (Under review)
Corrigenda / AmendmentsPublished
ISO/IEC 19794-5:2011/Amd 1:2014Published
ISO/IEC 19794-5:2011/Amd 2:2015
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.