ISO/IEC 30136:2018 supports evaluation of the accuracy, secrecy, and privacy of biometric template protection schemes. It establishes definitions, terminology, and metrics for stating the performance of such schemes. Particularly, this document establishes requirements for the measurement and reporting of:
- theoretical and empirical accuracy of biometric template protection schemes,
- theoretical and empirical probability of a successful attack on biometric template protection schemes (single or multiple), and
- the information leaked about the original biometric when one or more biometric template protection schemes are compromised.
ISO/IEC 30136:2018 also gives guidance on measuring and reporting diversity and unlinkability of templates.
ISO/IEC 30136:2018 does not:
- establish template protection schemes;
- address testing of traditional encryption schemes.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2018-03
Edition: 1Number of pages: 23
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 Biometrics
- ICS :
- 35.240.15 Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.20 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.