ISO 16231-1:2013 specifies principles for the assessment of stability with respect to the design and construction of self-propelled ride-on machines used in agriculture and the hazard of rolling over or tipping over, or both when the machine is used as intended and under the conditions foreseeable by the manufacturer. In addition, it specifies the type of information on safe working practices (including residual risks) to be provided by the manufacturer.
ISO 16231-1:2013 is not applicable to
- ? machines with an unladen mass lower than 400 kg;
- ? machines covered by other machine specific standards dealing with the protection against rollover and tip-over (e.g. agricultural tractors, forestry tractors);
- ? hazards associated with road transport operations;
- ? free fall events;
- ? rollover as a result of impact collisions.
ISO 16231-1:2013 is not applicable to machines manufactured before the date of its publication.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2013-05
Edition: 1Number of pages: 4
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 23/SC 3 Safety and comfort
- ICS :
- 65.060.01 Agricultural machines and equipment in general
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 40||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 40||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.