This specification, EPUB Publications 3.0, defines publication-level semantics and conformance requirements for EPUB® 3, including the format of the Package Document and rules for how this document and other Publication Resources are associated to create a conforming EPUB Publication.
This specification is one of a family of related specifications that compose EPUB 3, the third major revision of an interchange and delivery format for digital publications based on XML and Web Standards. It is meant to be read and understood in concert with the other specifications that make up EPUB 3:
- The EPUB 3 Overview, which provides an informative overview of EPUB and a roadmap to the rest of the EPUB 3 documents. The Overview should be read first.
- EPUB Content Documents 3.0, which defines profiles of XHTML, SVG and CSS for use in the context of EPUB Publications.
- EPUB Open Container Format (OCF) 3.0, which defines a file format and processing model for encapsulating a set of related resources into a single-file (ZIP) EPUB Container.
- EPUB Media Overlays 3.0, which defines a format and a processing model for synchronization of text and audio.
This specification supersedes Open Package Format 2.0.1. Refer to EPUB3 changes for information on differences between this specification and its predecessor.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2014-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 52
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 Document description and processing languages
- ICS :
- 35.240.30 IT applications in information, documentation and publishing
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 187|
|std 2 187||Paper|
ISO/IEC TS 30135-2:2014
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.