ISO 11297-2:2018, in conjunction with ISO 11297‑1, specifies requirements and test methods for pipes and fittings which are part of plastics piping systems installed as continuous pipes in the renovation of underground drainage and sewerage networks under pressure. It is applicable to polyethylene (PE) pipes of three different types:
- PE solid wall single layered pipes (nominal outside diameter, dn), including any identification stripes;
- PE pipes with co-extruded layers on either or both the outside and inside of the pipe (total outside diameter, dn), as specified in Annex A, where all layers have the same MRS rating;
- PE coated pipes (outside diameter, dn) having a peelable, contiguous, thermoplastics additional layer on the outside of the pipe ("coated pipe"), see Annex A.
In addition, ISO 11297-2:2018 covers:
- jointing of pipe lengths by means of butt fusion;
- fabricated and injection-moulded fittings made of PE.
ISO 11297-2:2018 is applicable to PE pipes, fittings and assemblies intended to be used at an operating temperature of 20 °C as the reference temperature.
NOTE For applications operating at constant temperatures greater than 20 °C and up to 40 °C, see ISO 4427‑1:2007, Annex A.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2018-02
Edition: 1Number of pages: 9
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 138/SC 8 Rehabilitation of pipeline systems
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 61||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 61||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.20 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.