This collection is a standard for the exchange of product model data (STEP) module and resource library (SMRL). It is intended for those who are considering adopting ISO 10303 modular application protocols, application modules, and resource parts, or systems built on them, for product data representation …
This document specifies the application module for AP239 product life cycle support.
The following are within the scope of this document:
- information for defining a complex product and its support solution;
- information required to maintain a complex product;
- information required for through life configuration change management of a product and its support solution;
- the representation of product structures, assemblies and breakdowns including:
- the identification and representation of parts, their versions, definitions, and documentation and management information, such as dates and approvals assigned to parts;
- the representation of multiple product structure views;
- the representation of functional, physical, system and zonal breakdown of the product structure, from system via subsystems or components to end items;
- the representation of the shape of an assembly as the composition of the shape representation of its components;
- the identification of positions within an assembly of parts to which component parts may be attached;
- the association of valued properties to a part or to an assembly;
- the representation of interfaces between products;
- the classification of parts, documents and assemblies.
- the representation of a product through life including:
- the representation of product requirements and their fulfilment;
- the representation of existing or potential future products;
- the identification of the configuration of a product for a given role;
- the specification of effectivity constraints applied to configuration of a product;
- the representation of predicted and observed states of products.
- the specification and planning of activities for a product including:
- the specification of tasks to be performed on a product;
- the representation of conditions for performing the tasks, including the resources required and the location of the resources and product;
- the representation of the type of person and skills required for performing a task;
- the representation of planning and scheduling of the tasks and the management and authorization of the subsequent work.
- the representation of the activity history of a product including:
- the recording of the usage of a product and the resource usage;
- the recording of the activities performed on a product and the resource usage.
- the representation of the product history including:
- a historical record of the states of a product;
- a historical record of the configuration status of the product;
- the location of product data;
- the observation of product data.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2023-11Stage: International Standard published [60.60]
Edition: 5Number of pages: 33
Technical Committee :ISO/TC 184/SC 4ICS :25.040.40
- RSS updates
Preview this standard in our Online Browsing Plateform (OBP)